U.K. new-car sales slid 13.2% in July to 136,446 units, ending 12-straight months of gains. Bucking the overall trend, deliveries of diesel-powered light vehicles rose 11.8% to 69,006 units, giving the segment a record 50.6% market share, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says. Sales of alternative-fuels vehicles surged 52.6% to 1,878 units for a record 1.4% share. “A drop in private registrations compared with the scrappage-fueled months of 2009 was expected and has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Market Loses Steam as July Sales Decline" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.