New-car sales in the U.K. rose 2.6% in October to 134,944 units, marking the second increase in three months, but the year-to-date total was down 4.5% to 1,688,038. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the market is on track to achieve a total 1.92 million deliveries this year. However, the group remains cautious with its 2012 outlook, forecasting sales to remain stable at 1.96 million units. “Consumer confidence remains fragile, and forecasts for U.K. gross domestic ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. October Sales Buoyed by Small-Car Markets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.