Members of the U.K.’s Amicus trade union begin a 24-hour strike today at Ford Motor Co.’s Land Rover division plants in Solihull and Gaydon, U.K. Union members at the plant voted in December to support the strike action after rejecting the auto maker’s offer to boost wages by 6.5% over two years. Workers say the pay deal would not give them parity with other Ford U.K. unionized workers, particularly those at Jaguar Cars. Amicus represents 2,500 workers at the two facilities. Union ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Union Conducts Strike at Land Rover" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.