Customers who chip in the substantial extra cost for vehicles crafted by the various auto makers’ in-house tuners want, first and foremost, enhanced performance. But they’re also chasing something more elusive in this day of $30,000 Benzes and McMansions in every suburb: exclusivity. And for the horsepower-hungry, what can be more exclusive than a thundering powerplant lovingly assembled by hand just for you? That’s the customer-machine connection the performance-tuning divisions seek to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ultimate in Exclusivity: Hand-Built Engines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.