Premium luxury vehicles are in high demand in Silicon Valley, importers of the high-priced models tell Ward's. While the premium market has soared 17% nationally, it has gone up 22.6% in the San Francisco region and an astonishing 45% in Silicon Valley, says Jack McDonough, general manager of Mercedes-Benz U.S.A. Inc.'s San Francisco region. “We shipped 55% more vehicles in the first four months of this year than for the first four months of '99,” Mr. McDonough says. Mercedes' supply in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ultra-Luxury Cars in Demand in the Valley" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.