Maxwell Technologies, San Diego, CA, believes it is on target to supply economic, life-of-the-vehicle, ultracapacitors for hybrid vehicle energy storage. Maxwell's current production, small ultracapacitors (trade name: Power Cache) used in a broad array of products, are said to deliver up to 100 times the energy of conventional capacitors and 10 times the power of ordinary batteries. This no doubt is what attracted the attention of vehicle makers to seek larger sizes for transportation ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ultracapacitors may win energy storage battle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.