Fiat SpA says Umberto Agnelli, brother of the late Fiat patriarch Gianni Agnelli, will take over the chairman position from Paolo Fresco. Fresco reportedly formally will present his resignation Feb. 28. Fresco previously had said he would retire in the coming months. He has been in the position since 1998. “I am sure that my decision represents a strong message of clarity for those outside and inside the group,” says Fresco, referring to the founding Agnelli family regaining control of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Umberto Agnelli Named Fiat Chairman" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.