For arguably the first time since entering the U.S. market 50 years ago, the venerable Toyota brand, along with its vaunted Lexus luxury marque, finds itself on the defensive after a fatal crash linked to unintended acceleration prompted the recall of 3.8 million vehicles. Without a flawlessly executed public relations strategy, as well as a timely engineering solution to ease consumer fears and stem a potential swarm of product-liability lawsuits, the brands risk losing their hard-earned ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Unintended Acceleration Puts Toyota, Lexus Brands on Unfamiliar Ground" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.