Ford Motor Co. is planning at least one new vehicle for its Atlanta Assembly plant following the departure of the Taurus and Sable as early as next year, union officials confirm to Ward’s. The plant’s United Auto Workers Local 882 Chairman Mitch Smith has informed plant officials and workers that Ford plans to replace the Taurus and Sable – long-built in Atlanta – with a new vehicle to be built there sometime after the ’05 model year and possibly as soon as 2006, according to the official. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Union Confirms New Ford Product for Atlanta" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.