Union leaders representing workers at Valeo SA’s Rochester, N.Y., plant say they believe the French auto-parts maker is using U.S. bankruptcy laws to void its 8-year labor agreement. Valeo Electrical Systems Inc. (VESI), the unit that operates the plant, which makes wiper and electric motors, last December filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in U.S. Federal bankruptcy court. Valeo contends the Rochester operation is unprofitable and points to a $453 million restructuring charge it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Union Fights Valeo Bankruptcy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.