The Australian Mfg. Workers Union is calling on the government to do more to save auto industry jobs. “The federal government needs to be more actively involved in supporting the manufacturing industry,” an AMWU spokesman is quoted as saying in a published report. “Redundancies associated with 4-cyl. production (are) because we haven't had the level of investment in plant and equipment technology domestically that we needed,” he says. In recent months, both GM Holden Ltd. and Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Union Implores Oz Government to Protect Industry Jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.