Ford of Europe’s decision to slash 850 jobs in the U.K. and institute a pay freeze across its workforce is drawing the ire of Unite the Union, one of the largest general trade unions in the region. In a statement, the union’s joint General Secretary Tony Woodley decries Ford’s actions. “These proposals are completely unacceptable and a betrayal of Ford’s loyal U.K. workforce,” he says. “Ford is asking the workers to take a cut in pay to preserve jobs, but workers are asking themselves ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Union Protests as Ford Cuts U.K. Jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.