Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. says a strike at a supplier plant so far has cost the auto maker A$77 million ($62.8 million) in lost vehicle production. The auto maker laid off 1,850 employees after unionized workers walked off the job at South African-owned plastic-parts supplier Venture Industries Australia Pty. Ltd. in a dispute over A$25 million ($21 million) in layoff benefits. Another 1,000 employees at Ford’s smaller suppliers also were put out of work due to the Venture ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Union Threatens to Restart Supplier Strike as Ford Oz Copes With Losses" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.