A half-million jobs will be at risk unless the Australian government stands up to global auto makers operating in Australia and demands they source parts locally, industry workers say. The Australian Mfg. Workers Union (AMWU) tells a House of Representatives inquiry looking into employment in the automotive sector that the A$8.5 billion ($6.3 billion) car-parts industry is in crisis, under pressure from the appreciating Australian dollar and competition from emerging economies in China, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Union Urges Oz Policies That Support Auto Parts Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.