A unique new way to generate electric power from solar energy is being advanced by an Australian company, in partnership with a California-based company. The development could be of interest to auto makers, which are searching for "clean" methods to generate electricity to produce hydrogen for future fuel cell vehicles. The system is based on a 420-ft. (128-m) diameter concrete chimney that is 3,000 ft. (914 m) tall and contains 32 wind turbines expected to generate 200 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Unique Solar-Energy Generator Proposed" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.