Beginning with 2004 models, automakers are faced with 15-year/150,000-mile (240,000-km) emissions warranty requirements in California, Maine, Vermont, Massachusettes and New York. An auto industry engineer tells WEVTU catalysts must light off in five to six seconds to meet the tough new requirements and that consumer maintenance responsibility has been reduced to little more than oil, oil filter, air filter and coolant changes. No doubt one of the biggest winners will be the PGM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Upcoming emissions warranties a challenge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.