A once-hesitant Volkswagen Group, more diesel-engine than electric-vehicle advocate, is beginning to embrace hybrids and pure EVs in a big way. Although it will continue to push for broader acceptance of diesel and explore other alternative powertrains as a solution to higher mileage and lower carbon-dioxide emissions, its strategy for vehicle electrification is on the verge of fruition. A handful of full hybrids ‚Äď initially utilizing two generations of technology ‚Äď are set to debut over ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Upcoming Hybrids First Play in VW‚Äôs Electrification Strategy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.