ROCHESTER, MI – BMW of North America LLC says it plans to launch a sedan version of its 1-Series in the U.S. market in 2007. The vehicle will feature BMW’s signature rear-wheel drive configuration, although a diesel engine may be offered. BMW’s 1-Series. The German auto maker has been changing its timing for the U.S. launch of the 1-Series because it doesn’t want to sell a hatchback model here and it believes it needs to offer the availability of a 6-cyl. engine. The 1-Series ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. 1-Series to Arrive in 2007" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.