DETROIT — The waning global economy is just one of the factors uniting the Big Three automakers in their newest joint initiative: tracking down parts counterfeiters around the globe. The automakers plan to stem losses resulting from illegal parts trade with the help of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. Customs dept. FBI officials say the automotive industry ranks at the top, with computers and apparel, in what could be portrayed as a global counterfeiting epidemic. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big 3 unite to combat counterfeit parts industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.