Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. in August increased 12% vs. like-2004 results. Eight months into 2005, deliveries are running 19.1% ahead of like-2004. Heavy-duty (Class 8) sales jumped 19.5% in August as the segment's four major manufacturers all posted increases. Deliveries of medium-duty (Class 4-7) trucks rose 4.7%. Class 7 sales surged 10%, led by Freightliner Corp.'s 48.8% spike. Class 6 deliveries slumped 23.1%, while Class 5 soared 47.1%. Sales were up 10.2% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big-Truck Sales Up 12% in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.