Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks increased 13.3% in April to 42,644 units from like-2004’s 36,256. Four months into 2005, big-rig deliveries are running 20.4% (156,773 vs. 130,211) ahead of year-ago, according to Ward’s data. (See related data: Ward's U.S. New Truck Sales by Weight Class) Heavy-duty (Class 8) sales surged 19.6% to 20,390. Segment-leader Freightliner Corp. strengthened its position with a 30.9% increase while second-place International Truck and Engine Corp. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big Truck Sales Up 13.3% in April" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.