Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. increased 18.6% in July to 41,388 units from like-2004’s 36,233. Heavy-duty (Class 8) deliveries surged 26.0% to 21,043. The smallest increase among the four major manufactures was PACCAR Inc.’s 16.0%. Medium-duty (Class 4-7) sales expanded 11.8% over year-ago. Deliveries of Class 7 rigs swelled 12.9% on strong results by International Truck and Engine Corp. and Freightliner Corp. Class 6 posted the only decline, down 18.3%, while ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big-Truck Sales Up 18.6% in July" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.