Deliveries of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. totaled 46,250 units in June, up 19.8% from the 37,114 big rigs sold during like-2004. Heavy-duty (Class 8) truck sales rose 32.8% to 23,751 units from year-ago's 17,192. Every major Class 8 manufacturer recorded an increase, with International Truck and Engine Corp.'s 40.4% upsurge leading the way. (See related data: Ward's U.S. New Truck Sales by Weight Class) Medium-duty sales grew 8.6% (22,499 vs. 19,922). Deliveries of Class 7 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big Truck Sales Up 19.8% in June" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.