Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks closed out 2003 in a big way. Deliveries increased 33.7% in December on a daily rate basis to 34,613 units, compared with the 24,885 big rigs delivered year-ago. Peterbilt’s heavy-duty truck sales were up 26.0% in December. That’s the biggest sales rise since June 1993. December’s rally lifted 2003’s sales past 2002’s results – 328,389 units vs. 322,284, up 1.9%. Eleven months into 2003, deliveries were trailing like-2002 by 1.2%. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big Truck Sales Up 33.7% in December" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.