Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. climbed 36.8% in November to 35,032 units from like-2003’s 26,679-unit total. Heavy-duty (Class 8) deliveries surged 52.5% to 17,793 vs. year-ago’s 12,150, according to Ward’s. (See related data: U.S. New Truck Sales by Weight Class) The segment’s biggest increase was posted by International Truck and Engine Corp., which boosted sales 85.7% to 3,027. Freightliner launches brand campaign. Medium-duty (Class 4-7) deliveries swelled ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big Truck Sales Up 36.8% in November" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.