Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks declined 6.3% on a daily basis to a volume of 29,977 units in October, Ward's data shows. Medium-duty trucks lead sales decline. The medium-duty (Class 4-7) segment dragged October results down, with deliveries dipping 24.1% compared to like-2001. Heavy-duty (Class 8) sales, which were expected to fall due to new stringent engine emissions regulations that kicked in Oct. 1, rose 22.5% in October to 15,010 units. Besides September’s 51.8% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big Truck Sales Drop 6.3% in October" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.