Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks fell 39.7% in September, with Class 8 alone off a hefty 57.2% as once again all manufacturers suffered declines. Down most was Freightliner LLC’s Freightliner brand, falling 69.2% to 1,835 units, while Freightliner’s Western Star brand slipped the least in the group, off 32.2% to 157 vehicles. Related document: <i>Ward’s</i> U.S. Truck Sales by Weight Class – September 2007 Total medium-duty truck deliveries fell 19.4%, with all ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big-Truck Sales Plunge 40% in September" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.