Medium- and heavy-duty truck sales rose 6.7% to 49,341 units in the U.S. last month, with Classes 6, 7 and 8 all posting increases. Class 8 sales rose 6.3% to 25,240 units, as PACCAR Inc. and Volvo Trucks North America Inc. both posted year-on-year gains, while Freightliner LLC suffered a 7.3% drop. An increase of 11.2% in Class 7 deliveries and a 21.1% jump in Class 6 sales propelled the medium-duty sector to a 7.1% gain to 24,101 units. In Class 7, small-volume producers Hino Motor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big-Truck Sales Rise in June" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.