Deliveries of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. increased 41.0% in January to 35,340 units, up from like-2004’s 27,147. January heavy-duty (Class 8) sales hit 18,257 units, a rise of 75.4% compared with the 11,275 trucks delivered year-ago. Freightliner Corp. once again claimed the top slot in the Class 8 sales race, with 6,815 trucks sold. International Truck and Engine Corp. squeaked by PACCAR Inc. to claim second place sales with 3,988 units. (See related data: Ward's U.S. New ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big Truck Sales Soar in January" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.