Daewoo Motor America Inc. Chief Gary Connelly still awaits official word on the fate of his company – which was left behind when General Motors Corp. on April 26 purchased some of the assets of South Korea’s insolvent auto maker, Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. “We’re still waiting to hear from Korea about what the hell’s going on,” Connelly says. The auto maker’s California-based U.S. headquarters remains open for business, operating with a skeleton staff of about 60. Connelly, meanwhile, is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Daewoo Chief Waits, Lawsuits Proceed" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.