DaimlerChrysler AG will sell its upcoming Smart 4-seater in the U.S. in 2006, Smart chief Andreas Renschler says. The new model is slated for production at DC’s Juiz de Fora, Brazil, plant, which currently produces the Mercedes A-Class and C-Class for Brazil and North America, respectively. The plant will be the first Smart operation outside Europe. (See related story: Building New Smart in Brazil a Coup for DC Exec)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. to Get Smart in 2006" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.