U.S. light-vehicle sales in August rode to their 12th consecutive monthly increase and seventh straight monthly record, paving the way for the traditional model year period to finish at an all-time high. August light-vehicle sales totaled 1,480,128 for a daily selling rate (DSR) of 56,928, 20.4% ahead of same-month 1998's 47,275 — 26 selling days both periods. Excluding General Motors Corp.'s results — 63.6% above year-ago — due to the effects of parts plant strikes last year that slashed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Light Vehicle Sales Soar in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.