DETROIT — Much has been made about the advantages of DaimlerChrysler AG's recent US$2.1 billion acquisition of a 34% controlling share of Mitsubishi Motors Corp. — new life to the struggling Japanese automaker, a much need entrée for DC into Asia. But the deal also gives DC another perk: Mitsubishi's U.S. operations. Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America Inc. (MMSA) has just wrapped up its best March in the company's history and its best quarter ever with sales up 30% year-on-year. It also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Mitsubishi gives DC diamond in the rough" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.