Analysis Despite deliveries being spread over just 23 days in November, the U.S. light-vehicle daily sales rate rose 8.8%, vs. year-ago (25 selling days), the best such comparison since October 2006. U.S. auto makers sold 744,669 units in November, for a DSR of 32,377 units, compared with 29,761 in like-2008 and up 8.5% from October’s 29,845. Some credit is given to generous incentives by car companies looking to move ’09 inventory. November sales were 1.4% above levels forecast ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. November DSR Best Year-Over-Year Result in Three Years" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.