April’s U.S. light-vehicle sales will rise from the previous month for the third consecutive time and are ahead of year-ago for the fourth straight month, based on seasonal adjustments. A preliminary look at the second quarter also foretells a strong increase from this year’s first quarter as well as the April-June period of 2003. Ward’s is forecasting sales will increase to a 17.1 million seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) in April from March’s 16.6 million and like-2003’s 16.4 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Sales to Continue Rising in April; Strong Second Quarter on Tap" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.