April U.S. light vehicle sales will mark a comedown of sorts from the lofty levels of the last two months. But results still should register an acceptable 1.0% increase over year-ago and track at a still-healthy 15.8 million seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR), based on a Ward's Automotive Reports forecast for the month. On the heels of a record first quarter (see Ward's Automotive Reports — April 12, '99, p.1), April U.S. light vehicle sales are forecast to total 1.365 million, for a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Sales Gains to Continue for Eighth Consecutive Month in April" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.