U.S. new vehicle sales plowed ahead in August, as the seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) hit a four-month high and volume increased slightly over the same year-ago month for the third straight time (see insert for data). Light vehicle sales — including estimates for Mazda North American Operations and Porsche Cars of North America Inc. — totaled 1.542 million units in August, equaling a daily selling rate (DSR) of 57,108, less than 1% above like-1999 levels (27 days this year vs. 26 in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Sales Increase Third Straight Month" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.