Volkswagen AG's 1.9L 4-cyl. TDI turbodiesel engines sold in the U.S. will be fitted for the '04 model year with the company's unique unit pump/injector system already available for European-spec TDIs. More power and better economy will come when VW upgrades its U.S.-spec 1.9L TDI with pump/injector system available in Europe. The pump/injector units – which develop markedly higher fuel-injection pressures than the current TDI's rotary pump fuel system – enable the already ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. VW Diesels Get Unit Injectors for '04" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.