In response to a recent Ward’s story that said the U.S. Postal Service had approved a large-scale testing program for “bio” lube oil, Jacquelynn Estes, acting manager, Delivery Vehicle Operations, USPS Headquarters, issues this statement: “The Postal Service has concluded a test of canola-based bio oil in a small group of vehicles. The results indicated some potential benefits and, while testing in limited additional vehicles is a possibility, no specific plans have been defined.”
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"USPS Not In Large-Scale Bio-Oil Test" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.