Volkswagen AG's upcoming sport/utility vehicle (SUV) — set for a 2002 launch — was developed to accept the company's still-prototype 12-cyl. engine, VW sources tell Ward's. Use of the peculiar “W-12” (two of VW's narrow-angle VR6 6-cyl. engines married together to create a “W” configuration) presumably would give VW a unique position in the world's most quickly growing vehicle segment. Although the source says prototypes of the new VW SUV were engineered for the W-12, there is no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"A V-12 Engine for New VW SUV?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.