Despite the growing number of pickups and sport/utility vehicles navigating the nation's highways, installation of 8-cyl. and 10-cyl. engines dropped slightly from year-ago's record performance, but a significant increase in 6-cyl. placement maintained the retro trend toward larger engines in the '98 model year, a Ward's survey of domestic vehicle production shows. Of the 13,173,920 '98-model light vehicles produced in North America for the U.S. market, 44.9% were 6-cyl. engines, up from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"V-6 '98 Installation 2nd Highest for Decade" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.