ROCHESTER, MI – Valeo SA of France expects that incremental improvements to the gasoline engine will yield greater near-term benefits than hybrid-electric vehicles (HEVs) and fuel the company’s growth in North America. Despite their fuel efficiency and acceptance as near-term alternatives for energy conservation, HEVs remain expensive to produce and represent only a small fragment of the North American vehicle market. Diesel engines also offer considerable fuel economy improvements, yet ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Valeo Betting on Gas Engine for Growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.