DEARBORN, MI – Although its production debut remains more than three years away, initial drives in European prototypes fitted with Valeo SA’s camless-engine system indicate the technology is a promising, fuel-saving alternative to hybrid-electric and diesel powertrains. Valeo’s camless engine uses electro-magnetic actuators in place of camshafts to operate the engine’s valves. Cutaway of camless engine cylinder head. Touted by the French supplier as encompassing the best ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Valeo Camless Engine Shows Promise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.