PARIS – Valeo SA says it has secured an agreement with an unnamed auto maker to supply what is slated to be a world-first production-vehicle application of a lane-departure warning system. The world-first launch apparently will come for a U.S.-market vehicle. “If the system enters volume production in 2004 in North America as anticipated, it will be a world first,” Valeo says. Valeo developed the lane-departure warning system – which employs a tiny camera mounted on the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Valeo Looks to be First in Production With Lane-Departure Warning" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.