Vauxhall Motors Ltd.’s on again/off again Lightning roadster remains in abeyance. Vauxhall boss Kevin Wale is looking at two solutions. The first is to base the 2-seat sports car on General Motors Corp.’s new front-engine/rear drive Kappa platform, currently under development for the Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Curve (although the Curve name may not be used) and possibly Chevrolet Nomad. The Lightning concept shown in Detroit in January was based on Kappa. Could Vauxhall Lightning ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Vauxhall Looks for Ways to Build Lightning" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.