NEW YORK – Stephen Girsky may have been chosen by the Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Assn. to occupy a seat on General Motors Co.’s new board of directors, but his first duty is to stockholders and not the United Auto Workers union, he says. The VEBA administers benefits for retired GM employees covered under the auto maker’s contract with the UAW, which consented to Girsky’s appointment. “(UAW President) Ron Gettelfinger told me my first duty is to the stockholders,” Girsky tells Ward’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VEBA Director Says First Loyalty as GM Board Member to Stockholders" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.