RUSSELSHEIM, Germany - Adam Opel AG is banking on the new ’02 Vectra midsize sedan to rebuild its image among European car buyers. The Vectra, which goes into production in January at Opel's assembly facility in Russelsheim, represents the first high-volume product to feature Opel's new styling theme and is the newest push into Opel's core business segment. Opel and its parent - General Motors Corp. - have invested E800 million ($705 million) in developing the new production facility ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Vectra Lays Groundwork for Opel Transformation" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.