PARIS — Production at Venturi Paris SA has stopped — an apparent victim of the Asian financial crisis. Since last year, the company has belonged to Otto Americas, makers of 4-wheel-drive vehicles in Australia. But the company has not successfully resumed production of the 2-door supercars. Venturi vehicles were being built by owner Nakarin Benz, a luxury-car importer in Bangkok, whose fortune evaporated in the Asian economic crisis of 1998. Nakarin Benz owned Venturi from 1996 to 1999. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Venturi production halted" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.