NEW YORK -- New United Motor Mfg. Inc. is set to launch production of the Pontiac Vibe on Jan. 7, and the cross/utility vehicle (CUV) will hit dealers about three weeks later, Brand Manager Craig Bierley reveals. Bierley says the Vibe will come in both front- and all-wheel-drive versions. It is identical, except for sheet metal, with the Toyota Matrix, which goes into production the same week in the Japanese car maker's Cambridge, Ont., Canada, plant. See related story NUMMI, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Vibe Nears Production Launch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.