Sales of the Pontiac Vibe – a poster child for General Motors Corp.’s resurgence when it hit dealerships in January 2002 – have slumped badly the past six months. Pontiac officials blame the decline on a planned cutback in advertising, and predict deliveries will pick up this spring as marketing efforts are increased. But even they admit sales have been more sluggish than expected. The ’05 Pontiac Vibe goes on sale in the spring. August was the most recent month Vibe sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Vibe Sales Slide; Pontiac Plans Ad Push" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.